Friday, October 23, 2009

An "A" in Teacher's Aide?

Ok, so today my first-born child, Thing 1, informs me that he got his report card and he has straight A's. 4.0 GPA. He's all smugface about his grades and I'm all Woo-Hoo! and proud of my baby boy, my 6 foot tall baby boy, and can't wait to brag about his accomplishments to his aunts and uncles.

Aunts and Uncles who are quick to point out that of his five classes this Senior year, three of them are Surf Team, Teacher's Aide and some computer art class where he's learning Photoshop. Yes, he actually got a grade for being a Teacher's Aide. In a class where he spends most of his time texting his friends and playing solitaire on the classroom computer.

That will be very impressive on his college applications. He takes his SAT's in two weeks. I don't think there are going to be any questions relating to being a Teacher's Aide but hey, times have changed and maybe I'm wrong.

Tomorrow, we head out to the desert where TheManTheMyth and Thing 1 will race in a National Hare & Hound. And where Thing 1 will have an interview for a possible sponsorship deal. This ought to be good. Thing 1 is not known for his stellar communication skills. Especially when it's with one of his Heroes. He's already working himself into a bit of a state over this interview. If he gets the sponsorship, it will be a HUGE accomplishment in his racing career. So let's keep our fingers crossed that someone else will take over his racing expenses.

So. Halloween is in a week which means Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long Legged Beasties and Things That Go Bump in the Night stories. And I've got some. And not just things experienced at Casa de Gramma. So next week (There's no internet connection in the middle of the desert) I'll relate more of my personal experiences. The Green Street apartment, the house in Laguna Beach and The Norwalk House. Along with what *I* feel is the Creepiest Place in Long Beach, CA.

And no, it's not my boudoir.





No comments:

Post a Comment