Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE

Okay, so back in the tail end of October, I made a decision to join Weight Watchers.  

This decision came about when I stepped on the rotted out subfloor during our kitchen remodel and fell through.


And someone witnessed it.


And that someone made a not-so-funny but legitimate crack about my weight.

And tears of anger, frustration and humiliation were shed.

And that was when I knew it was Time.


And since I had already done two tours of duty with WW with minimal results (MY fault and not the program's), I said to myself, "Hey, third time's the charm!"


So off I went, where I stepped on the scale, whimpered and forged ahead.


So far I've lost 15lbs and I've only missed one meeting (I had flu cooties).


Yay, me!


A couple of weeks ago, our Leader presented a Tracker notebook 
and asked that each week, one member takes it home and and tracks her Points Plus, Activity, etc.  You know, journal.
This week, I volunteered to be the Keeper of the Tracker for two reasons.

1.  Nobody else volunteered.

B.  I've kind of slacked off (kind of???) and needed a kick in the pants to get back on track.  


So of COURSE I had Crack for breakfast.


I know.


But I was honest and I DID write it in the journal.


And felt shame, as well I should.


The girl who kept it last week said to me as she handed it over, "Don't judge me!"


Like I have room to talk.

And at my meeting today, I also decided to splurge on a pedometer and I am bound and determined to get my 10K steps a day in.

I do have a long-term goal:  to do the Long Beach Marathon in October.  

Okay, the HALF Marathon.

And walking, not running because have you SEEN my chest?  SO not made for jogging.  Someone would lose an eye.

So wish me luck and...

Don't judge.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you!! You can do it! If you were running that Marathon in June I would come and cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you! I started WW online back in January...and then the kids got sick, and then I got sick and one thing led to another and I stopped. So you just motivated me to get off my butt and get back on the program.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete