Saturday, January 14, 2012

Bad news, Good News

So this morning, I get in my car and head to the Crack House (don't judge; I've lost 12lbs since November 1st.  I can afford to treat myself now and then).  Although I have XM Radio, which I LOVE and can't/don't want to live without, I do listen to my iPod in my car.

So I'm driving and I go to switch from XM to my iPod and it doesn't switch over.  I keep hitting the switch on the steering wheel and it just goes from XM to AM to FM to AUX but not to "Kelly's iPod."


"Hmmmm," I think to myself.  So I open the console between the seats to see if maybe my iPod, which is a Red Nano with my name engraved on the back, had come unplugged.

And yes, you could say that it had, indeed, become unplugged.  In fact, it was gone.

Along with my Shell gas card.


Fuck.

And then I think that maybe Thing 1 borrowed my gas card so he could put gas in Big Red and took my iPod because he needed the cord for HIS iPod.

So I ask him and nope, he doesn't have it.

I ask everyone in the family if they have my gas card and my iPod and the answer is No.

Which means that someone stole my iPod and my gas card.

But left a couple of dollars and a boatload of change.  Go figure.

And no, my car was not locked.  I know, I know.  Here's your sign.


But at least my wallet wasn't in my car.  Not that there was any money in it but still.


I've already called Shell and reported my card stolen and it will take a week for a new one to get here.  Luckily, I had just filled my tank the day before so I'm good there.


However, there IS a bright side to all this:


I GET TO GO AND GET A NEW iPHONE 4S!!!


I KNOW!!


Thing 1 is going to pitch a fit but he can go out and do something to EARN his own iPhone.  And pay the monthly bill.


Yeah, shut HIM up.


And before anyone says, "But Kelly, what do YOU do to earn an iPhone?" let me just say that at this time of year, every year, I EARN MY KEEP and TheManTheMyth acknowledges it.


And by "earning my keep" I mean I take care of all the paperwork, of which there is buttloads, for our motorcycle race.  Including doing the results, which I finished in less than two days (which is a record) because I'm THAT GOOD.


As soon as TMTM gave me the go-ahead for the new phone, I skedaddled to my local Apple store.


Only to discover they were sold out of the 16GB phone.


Yeah.


So, I'll continue to use my piece of poo Droid for a little while longer and I dug out my ancient iPod Shuffle, the one that looks like a pack of Wrigley's Spearmint gum, loaded it up with a couple of songs and I'm good.


For now.



No comments:

Post a Comment