Saturday, March 19, 2011

Randomness of fonts

So TheManTheMyth and Thing 1 left on their Adventure yesterday morning and lemme tell you, last night I was missing them something awful.  Which is unusual since they're gone racing just about every other weekend and they've been doing this for how many years now and there's been times I've looked forward to them being gone for the weekend but not this time.  I dunno why.  I don't even know if they've made it to their destination (Murphy, Idaho) or if they're still puttering along.  I guess I'll just have to wait for a phone call.
*
*
Once again, Blogger has decided that IT will decided which font I can and cannot use and I guess it's decided that I must use the small "Times" font even though I keep choosing the larger "Verdana" font.  It will switch fonts on me when I start a new paragraph, when I type a new word and sometimes even in the middle of the word if I stop typing for a moment.   It's a non-stop battle between Blogger and me and this time, I'll let it think it's won so it can see how STUPID this whole thing is.  If someone knows how I can choose a default font, let me know so that I can be WINNING this battle of wills between Time and Verdana.
*
*
Early this morning, Gracie Lou jumped off the bed (she sleeps with us) trotted off down the hall.   When she didn't come back right away, I sat up and listened and I could hear her doing something so I called to her and she came scampering back to bed and snuggled in, looking EXTREMELY guilty of something.  Something she didn't want to talk about and she pretended to be sound asleep when I gave her an inquiring stare.

So when I got up at the decadent hour of 8:00am, I did a quick reconnaissance of the living room and didn't see anything unusual.  And then I went into my office to check my e-mail and saw something on the rug:
That thing next to her half-chewed Chewstix was what was left of a 12" long leather bookmark.  She had eaten the other 11" of it.
*
*
Our local Borders bookstore is one of the many that went to the Chopping Block.  I'm pretty bummed because not only did I spend a lot of time there, I had also spent a lot of money there.  And it was the only bookstore around that carried a specific magazine I love.

It's been a month since the "EVERYTHING MUST GO!!" sales went up and it was only yesterday I finally ventured in.  Everything was 40% off the list price and I got 3 books that were on my Kindle wish list for less than the Kindle price so WINNING!  So now I have 3 more books to add to my pile of Books To Be Read, a pile that contains books I bought a year ago but haven't even picked up since.  So of course it makes sense to buy more books.  Well, it makes sense to ME.
*
*
I have absolutely no plans for this weekend sans TheManTheMyth.  I suppose I COULD do some Spring Cleaning (stop laughing) and take a load of stuff to the Goodwill.

Or, I could start working through my pile of books.

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment