Monday, December 27, 2010

Putting the X in Xmas

Christmas, or "Xmas" as I like to call it because I'm all about the religious aspect of this overly commercial holiday (I'm not) and also because, well, I'm not Christian although my nephew is.  Christian I mean because that's his name and anyhoo, it's over.  The holiday.  Not my nephew.  Although I think at times he's SO over his crazy aunts and where was I?

So.  Back to the topic on hand.  Which is the fact that Xmas is over.  It was a lovely Xmas.  Well, for me at least.  Because I got a new 27" iMac!  Oh, it arrived about a week after Thanksgiving but still.  It's bee-yoo-tee-ful!
I also got an Amazon gift card (yay!) a Borders gift card (yay!) a couple of DVDs including some starring my boyfriend, Jason Statham whom I LOVE:

because he is HOT and some Chinese Fortune Telling Sticks.  Chinese Fortune Telling Sticks you ask?  Why yes.  You see, somehow my family has started to refer to me as "Gypsy" (long story) so of course they have to take that and run with it 
 and I even have a real crystal ball, which I use while moonlighting as Madame Berserka, Fortune Teller to the Stars:
Okay, I don't really moonlight as a Gypsy fortune teller but if I did, I'd have the crystal ball and Chinese Fortune Telling Sticks on hand and now that I think about it, maybe I SHOULD go into bizness as a Gypsy fortune teller, illegally of course because you know, my business license is for selling off-road light kits but if you think about it, fortune telling IS kind of a see-the-light thing so I should be golden and my, haven't I gone off an yet another tangent that has nothing to do with Christmas, which is nothing new here, folks.


Oh! And I also got a new computer desk chair and this thing is a throne!  It is the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in and the rest of the family agrees.


It took us all of 5 minutes to open gifts on Christmas morning and 4 of those minutes were for TheManTheMyth to open his gifts, which consisted of Dickies work pants and Safety Orange t-shirts.  He gets the same thing every year although the color of the t-shirts can and may vary.  He also got a new pair of shoes and when he opened the box with said shoes, the look on his face was all, "You've got to be kidding me" and I'm all, "No really, PUT THEM ON" and he finally did and while they may not be the most stylish of shoes (an understatement), they're what he needs when he's not wearing his Red Wing work boots or motorcycle boots and after walking around in them, he admitted they were the most comfortable shoes he's ever worn:



 Thing 1 received new tires for his road bicycle and a new wardrobe, which is what he asked for but still feels he was robbed despite an entire new racing wardrobe and various parts for his race bike arriving from his sponsors but I guess he wanted a G I Joe with the Kung Fu grip or something.  Oh, and both he and Thing 2 got lots and lots of cash and some DVDs.


Thing 2 received a Playstation 3, which is what she asked for, and found out the hard way that it won't play her old PS2 games so now she has the new PS3 and nothing to play on it.  Ho. Ho. Ho.


Here's my lovely family shortly after they opened their gift(s) and were under overwhelmed with their haul:
We went back over to my seester's house for a Prime Rib Christmas Dinner and a lovely time was had by all:
As you can tell, we don't dress up all fancy for Christmas.

So now, we've put the EX in Xmas because it's over and all that's left is the memories and the bills, oh God the bills and to look forward to New Year's Eve because for the first time in, I dunno, a decade or so, I will NOT be spending New Year's Eve in the desert but will instead stay home and party like a (pet) rock star with Thing 2 and Thing 1's girlfriend and assorted other friends and loved ones and I will FINALLY get to watch the NHL Winter Classic live...unless I'm feeling a tad poorly from partying like a (pet) rock star, which I probably won't because it's been awhile since I've partied like a rock star and I don't miss it to be honest because I'm so over being hungover because being hungover on New Year's Day is so, uh, OVER.

And with that, I'm outta here to go and work on my Brag & Gag for 2010. 

Oh, and I have no idea why the spaces are so huge between paragraphs. *I* didn't put them like that.














1 comment:

  1. Because Blogger's fun like that. They love to jack up blogs. Although your blog looks great from here.

    Congrats on the big Mac. I got a new Mac, too! Yay so excited. Although mine was a laptop. My old one which wasn't so old, had the letters of some of the keys worn off. That's how much this writer writes.

    And that's what I'm asking for next! A new computer chair. I love that idea!

    I'm glad you had a wonderful Xmas. I hope your new year is awesome filled with non hangover fun.

    ReplyDelete