Monday, February 1, 2010

Sleep deprived ramblings

Ok, so last night when I went to bed, I turned off my light and as I lay my head upon my pillow, it occurred to me that I was not in the least bit sleepy which was unusual because I had been going like gangbusters all day and should have been asleep before my head hit the pillow but instead I felt like I had had a shot of Mountain Dew with a Jolt Cola chaser.  I thought I was nice and relaxed because I wasn't jittery but my mind was going in a million directions which meant I wasn't going to get a nice bout of Beauty Sleep that I so desperately needed.

I was thinking about Thing 1's post-surgery doctor visit and then I thought about how I have to go down to City Hall to pay off my parking tickets that I get on a regular basis because I have the balls to actually park in my very own driveway which the City of Long Beach doesn't allow if you have a corner house because when the houses were built back in the 1950's the garages were set too close to the sidewalk and the driveways are undersized so if you do park in your driveway, as I like to do from time to time so that Lucy can get out of the car a little easier, you end up sticking out over the sidewalk and then the Parking Enforcement people come along and give you a ticket for blocking the sidewalk.  Yes, I could park in the street (the garage is not an option at this time thanks to 9, count them, NINE dirt bikes currently in residence of which only 5 actually belong to us) and avoid yet another ticket but I like to think of it as doing my part to generate income for the City of Long Beach.  Because I'm a giver that way.

Eventually I did end up falling asleep but only in fits and spurts (Heh heh, I said, "Spurts!"  Heh heh) and pretty much just lay there, going over everything I need to do today, from about 4:30am until the alarm went off at 6:09am. 

Now I'm attempting to get Lucy fed before I have to take Thing 1 to the doctor and of course she's not "ready" to eat and is back to her old tricks of turning up her nose at her food.  Doesn't she realize that she's on a schedule and that I have THINGS to do?  Dogs!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Sounds like Long Beach police don't have a lot to do. That's ridiculous. When I'm visiting my sisters in Chicago I hate that we have to move our cars from one side of the street to the other constantly for street cleanings, but it is the city street. This is your own driveway!

    It's awful enough not to be able to sleep but over something as futile as that must have driven you crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just silly. I can't believe they wouldn't let you park on your own driveway.
    It gets really hard to feed my dog sometimes. He plays the "Go under the Bed and never come out" many times. Finally, I leave his bowl under the bed so that he can create a huge mess there...:)

    Anyways, have a good day!:) Spurts... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when I can't sleep!! One of my cousins use to live around that area...it was a terrible problem finding a place to park!!

    ReplyDelete