Saturday, October 31, 2009

So there I was...part III

So there I was, sound asleep in my bedroom in the Laguna Beach house. I had moved in with my mom after G died to kind of start my life anew after the emotional upheavals of the last couple of years. I LOVED living in Laguna Beach. Loved It, Loved It, Loved It. Did I mention how much I loved living there? No? Well, I did. Anyhoo, one night, I'm home alone. Actually, not REALLY alone as I had two dogs hanging out with me. Neither of which were my dogs. But the guy who lived in the apartment above the garage totally ignored his dog so my mom and I pretty much adopted her. And my next-door neighbor was out of town so I was dog-sitting his pooch as well.

So after a night of pizza and TV, me and the dogs are curled up in bed, snoring gently in sync, when I'm woken up by the dogs whimpering and growling on the bed. Without sitting up, I open my eyes and look through the doorway into the kitchen. Standing in the kitchen was a person. They didn't move or make a sound. And I couldn't make out any details. It was like a silhouette. I remember thinking if I pretended to be asleep, they'd leave me alone. So I didn't move. I just looked at the figure through half-closed eyes and the figure just looked back at me. At least I think they were looking back at me. I couldn't see a face so I really don't know if they were looking at me or not. And it was very, very quiet. Except for the dogs whimpering. But the dogs would not jump down from the bed. They just stayed on the bed with me, whining and whimpering. And the figure still just stood there, not moving and not making a sound.

I don't know how but I managed to fall back asleep. When I woke up the next morning, I wondered if I had dreamed it. And then I noticed the dogs weren't on the bed. In fact, they weren't even in the house. I hear a scratching sound on the back door and after unlocking the deadbolt, I open the door to both dogs sitting on the back porch. And I asked myself, "Who let the dogs out? Who? Who?" C'mon! You knew THAT was coming!

So now I'm all verklempt. Someone or something had managed to get into my locked and deadbolted house without making a sound, had managed to leave without making a sound, had managed to lock the deadbolt behind them without making a sound and somehow let the dogs out, without making a sound.

I later questioned the neighbors who had keys to the house but they had been out of town that night and they said they would have never come into the house in the middle of the night.

I never did figure out who or what I saw. Or how they came and went. It's still a mystery.



2 comments:

  1. Excellent I love anything that smacks of the paranormal. Thanks for visiting my humble blog & blogrolling me - I'm returning the favor. We redheads gotta stick together. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I love reading about and seeing photos of EmmaLou, dog lover that I am.

    ReplyDelete