Thursday, November 5, 2009

Buzz buzz buzz

Ok, so I just ate a piece of cake, white cake with white buttercream frosting including a big buttercream rosette swirly thing in the middle of the piece of cake and lemme tell you, I am buzzing like a bee from that sugar high. Seriously, my head feels like it's going to explode. That's a serious sugar rush. Or high blood pressure which probably isn't the case because I've always had very low blood pressure, almost to the point of "Hello? Hello? Does this thing work?" kind of low blood pressure. Yeah, it's gotta be the sugar rush.

And in my heightened sugar-buzz state, I swear my hearing is even more acute than normal which means I can probably hear only a teensy bit more than my normal hearing which is pretty bad actually. I've had my hearing checked and supposedly it's fine but I have a hard time hearing people when they talk, especially if there's background noise and then all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher, as in, "waa waa waa." Or when anyone in my family is talking, then it's all gibberish because they all like to slur their words together in a big rush and "What's for dinner?" sounds like "May I mambo dogface to the banana patch?" to me. I think my family does it deliberately to keep me in the dark about their comings and goings. Or just to mess with me. Little brats.

Anyway, in my sugar-buzz heightened state of hearing, I can hear Lucy snoring from the living room. Ok, that's not saying much because that dog can saw some serious logs when she's in sleep mode. That's my doggy!

So Halloween was last week and I came up with a last-minute costume. Why I needed a costume I don't know because it's not like I went to a party or anything, just over to my sister's house but wear a costume I did:

If you haven't figured it out, the vacant, vacuous stare along with the big knocked-up stomach should be a hint. And the clothes. And hair. Still drawing a blank? Duh! I'm Michelle Duggar of "18 Kids and Counting" fame. C'mon, it's FUNNY. I've seen Carmelite nuns dressed more stylish than Michelle Duggar.

I'm oddly, strangely fascinated by the Duggar family. It's like watching a family from another planet as they try to live amongst the earth creatures. They seem like very nice people, although Jim-Bob comes across as a buffoon and the eldest son is quite the arrogant piece of work.

I'm trying to type this out on my dying Mac while playing "Shanghai" on my laptop. I'm so addicted to "Shanghai" it's not even funny. I have no idea how many levels are on this game but I'm on level 154 if that tells you anything. But I can't seem to concentrate and I feel like Mrs. Howell after she ate the radio-active sugar beets on that episode of Gilligan's Island. I loved that show. I loved it so much that I knew which episode it was 30 seconds into the opening scene. Hows that for bragging rights?

Ok, I think I'm heading for a crash landing now. I can feel my sugar buzz wearing off. I should have taken advantage of my limited energy and done something productive, like clean the house.

Naaaahhhhh.





No comments:

Post a Comment