Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HEY TARGET!! KITTY FOREMAN'S LIVING ROOM CALLED...

Did you see that the demand for the limited Missoni for Target stuff caused Target's website to crash?

Now I may not be a Fashionista in any way, shape or form, but I DO know what Ugly looks like and well, that's what that Missoni stuff is, Ugly.

When I saw Missoni's trademark Zig-Zag design, all I could think of was A) we used to have an afghan in that exact same pattern and 2) Kitty Foreman's living room called and wants its decor back.

Seriously.

That look was ugly in 1974 and in 2011, it's still ugly yet people were lining up before the stores opened and then ran in an scooped up anything and everything Missoni.  One guy admitted he spent almost $4000.00 (FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!) on stuff and that he would be selling it on eBay.  For way more than he paid for it and anyone who pays the inflated prices deserves to look awful is what I'm saying.


I mean really, how does anyone think this stuff is even remotely attractive?

Or flattering?  Unless you're an anorexic teen, horizontal stripes are NOT your friends, people!



Just looking at the zig-zag pattern gives me a headache:
I was going to show a picture of the afghan we had in our house back in the 70's but my stupid printer/scanner has been acting like a piece of poo and won't cooperate but our afghan looked like the one above except ours was in different shades of blue.  So it wasn't quite as ugly as the one pictured above.


In other news, the kitchen is, well, there.  The latest appliance to sit in the middle of the kitchen is my trash compactor while TheManTheMyth prepares the new pantry cabinets.  And of course, he's been working this week which means work on the kitchen has slowed to a crawl but I'd rather he have work than not have work and I seriously don't expect our kitchen to be finished this year and if you think I'm joking, I'm not.  Our master bathroom shower still lacks a shower door after 5 years since we remodeled the bathrooms.  


In still other news, do you remember that scene in "Amityville Horror" where swarms of flies would cover the windows and attacked the priest?


If you were to come to my house right now, we could reenact that scene because swarms of flies have taken over my office and my kitchen.  We experienced this last year at this time so I'm going to assume it's seasonal or weather-related and not because there's a demon pig with red eyes named "Jody" staring at us through the window.  Oh, and spiders are everywhere.  Only they're outside and not in the house.  Although I'd rather have spiders in the house instead of the flies.  Spiders don't bother me.  Except when they spin their webs across my front steps at eye level and I don't see the web and I walk right into it and then I'm flailing about trying to remove sticky spider web from my face and hair.


So between my kitchen remodel and the swarms of sluggish flies, I just can't understand why I don't get more visitors.

4 comments:

  1. Those Target clothes are a joke, right? Is it April Fool's Day? Holy cow ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, just yesterday, my sister emailed me and said her Target store had sold out within the first hour. We were both baffled. Truly, you are wearing an afghan. And that's exactly what I told my sister, no one over the age of 12 should wear horizontal stripes.

    I guarantee you Mr. or Ms. Missoni is laughing their ass off all the way to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's funny, to me, is some women on a messageboard I post on all have their panties in a twist because they had run out to Target to buy the Missoni line and some of us were quite critical of the (ugly) design. So they got all defensive and were all, "Well, we don't insult YOUR taste!"

    Ohfercryinoutloud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missoni is hein. As are bugs and spiders. Colorado is virtually bug free, thank the dear lord.

    ReplyDelete