Thursday, May 26, 2011

There goes an eye!

Have you ever coughed so hard you almost throw up plus every time you cough your head throbs and your eyes kind of bulge out of their sockets?

I hate it when that happens.  And it's been happening all frickin' day today.  Which was a real treat for the car salesman to witness, let me tell you.

No, I do not have a new car to tell you all about.  Instead you get to read about my hacking up a lung and possibly maybe even an ovary.

As you read previously, I've been a bit under the weather.  Well, my head cold/sinus infection has left the building but left a dry hacking cough with the non-stop tickle in the throat behind to keep me company.  Bastard.

And thanks to this lovely cough, my voice now sounds like a combination of Brenda Vaccaro and Froggy from the Our Gang series.  Which gives you an indication of my age if you know who those people are.

If you don't know who those people are and want to know how my voice sounds, um, let's see.  Oh!  I sound like someone who has been smoking unfiltered Camels since I was 10 along with a pint of bourbon as a chaser.

Oh, I'm a real catch right now.  Why there's not a line of men pounding on my door right now is one of the great Unanswered Miracles.

So.  This weekend is Memorial Weekend and if you're looking to buy a new car, this is the weekend to do it because everyone is offering sale prices and incentives and specials and low, low interest rates and hell, they're practically GIVING these here cars away.

Unless you want a Volkswagon with a diesel engine.  Then you're pretty much paying full price with not-so-low interest rates.  They ain't a-dealin' on those cars AT ALL.  Which I discovered after test driving the 2011 Volkswagon Jetta Sportwagon TDI and "crunching some numbers" with the VDub salesguy.

The VW Jetta Sportwagon TDI wasn't my 1st choice for a new car but TheManTheMyth liked it, the mileage is phenomenal, it would tow a small motorcycle trailer (very important in this family) and it was a nice little car although a bit on the boring sensible and practical side.

But I was willing to overlook the boring in exchange for awesome mileage and towing capabilities.  But not enough to have a monthly payment that would rival my mortgage payment because of a non-5-figure downpayment and lousy interest rates despite my fabulous credit score and yes, I DO have a great credit score (suckers).

So, with TheManTheMyth's blessing (he's out of town), I'm going to hit up a couple of other dealerships tomorrow (including the car I actually want) and see how badly they want (or don't want) my business.

Let's hope that a) I am able to make a great deal on the car I want and 2) my eyes don't pop completely out of my head during a coughing fit.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Check out fueleconomy.gov for great info on mpg and emission issues and stuff. It will let you compare several vehicles too. I love this site.

    p.s. I am really sorry the sinus thing has turned into the coughing thing. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I've done so much research over the past few months on cars my eyes are spinning. When they're not popping out of my skull that is.

    TheManTheMyth and I have different opinions for the kind of car to get and we figured the Jetta Sportwagon TDI was a good compromise but VW isn't exactly begging us to buy it on our terms. Bastards.

    ReplyDelete