Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No post today, I'm too busy

This is just a post to let you know that I'm too busy to post something today so if you come here looking for my latest entry, it's not here because I don't have time to entertain you and keep you enthralled with my usual sidesplitting outlook on life.

I spent the weekend out in the desert, with a horse that shall remain nameless (get it??) at our annual offroad motorcycle race and now that I'm home, I'm on a deadline to get our race results done and yes, people waited all of an hour to ask when results will be done (those people have been added to the Dead to Kelly list) and I'm about to pull my hair out and if you've seen my hair, you'd know that I can't afford to lose anymore hair but they make natural looking wigs these days so in the event I snatch myself bald, I'll just shell out a few bucks for a Raquel Welch wig and look fabulous.  Girlfriend may be (allegedly) a nightmare to work with but she still looks like a million bucks and if I wear her wigs, I too will become a knockout and where was I going with this?  Oh, yes.  Why I'm too busy to post and how it's making me suffer from an intentional form of alopecia but instead of my hair falling out on its own, I'm on the verge of yanking it out.  I won't, though, because that will hurt and I'm a wuss when it comes to pain and also too I'm not into inflicting pain upon my person intentionally.  Have you seen my arms?  Nary a cut mark on them.

Okay, back to the topic at hand which is why I'm too busy to post today.  For years I was in charge of all the administrative stuff on our race day and it was my responsibility to make sure everyone knew what they were doing but I retired from that and OF COURSE without my hands-on supervision and guidance, everything went to hell in a handbasket.  Sigh.  It's so hard to find good unpaid help these days, lemme tell you.

So I must dash and get back to work on these ding dang race results with the incorrectly filled out paperwork and when I get a minute or two, I will be back to my )ir)regularly scheduled program of witty bon mots.

So remember, there isn't a new post today because I'm just too busy!

2 comments:

  1. So are ya really busy or just lazy? Coz I'm in the mood for a post from you and, frankly, I'm thinking this race thing and the wig nonsense is just blowin' smoke at us. Harrumph. Oh - wait, I've been absent a bit lately too. Nevermind. Carry on with your admin statistics or tee shirts or wigs or whatever that was. ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuses excuses - write something dammit!

    Glad you checked in. Come back when things settle down.

    ReplyDelete