Thursday, May 27, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Yeah, I've been slacking a bit in the blogging department but I have a really good excuse.  I've been out of the country.  Yeah, yeah, Vancouver isn't exactly Phnom Penh (and I had to look that up for proper spelling) but since a passport was required to go there, it's "furrin" dammit!

I'll fill you in later on my cruise out of Seattle to Vancouver, Victoria Island and the meander through the inlets and stuff but for now I've got so much to catch up on.  I've got a week's worth of blogs to peruse and comment, numerous e-mails to answer, piles of paperwork to attend to.  And I still have yet to watch the final LOST.

When I returned home from my journey on Monday afternoon, I discovered that in my absence, my family was completely incapable of the following:

Using the dishwasher to wash dishes.
Washing dishes by hand.
Going to the supermarket for food.
Vacuuming the knee-deep piles of white fluffy fur that Gracie Lou sheds like she gets paid by the bale.
Using the newfangled clothes washing machine.
Using the newfangled clothes drying machine.

And yes, as soon as I walked in the door, my son, my lovely son, immediately demanded to know what was for dinner because "I'm hungry and there's no food in the house!"

And since I've been home, I have felt like hammered shit.  I feel more seasick on land than I did on the ship and yes, I did get seasick.  Did you know that if you take Dramamine AFTER you get seasick it really doesn't do much?  Found that out the hard way, I did.

I shall return.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment