Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Auntie Em! Auntie Em!

So it's storming like crazy here in beautiful NOT-Sunny Southern California and it's raining so hard it's like a solid wall of water and the wind is gale-force.  So I decide I have to go out on the front porch to watch the storm and I'm standing there thinking to myself Damn, this is some intense storm and my cellphone rings.  It's TheManTheMyth and he asks what I'm doing and I tell him I'm standing out on the porch watching this killer storm and he tells me to get my ass inside because it's not just any storm, there's a tornado heading this way and I'm all No way! and he's all Way!  So then I get a text from Thing 2 telling me that the high school is on emergency lockdown because of a tornado and of course I have to run to the end of the porch that looks toward the ocean because I'm an idiot and I'm trying to spot said twister and then the lightning and thunder comes and I'm all Never Mind.

Seriously, we live maybe 3 miles from the ocean and we're getting tornado warnings.  Not tornado watch; warning.

I better not see some green-faced hag dressed in black go flying by my window on a broom.
 

7 comments:

  1. Weird weather. I should be shoveling snow right now but our temps have been in the low sixties. I just checked on family at La Mesa and they are getting lots of the rain. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OKAY, girl ... you are HILARIOUS! I was just kvetching (to myself) about how I have been blogging for almost 2 years and I only have 17 followers. I know a lot of my friends read my blog but I WANT FANS. OK. So, somehow I ended up on Screaming Me Me's blog and her first post was about your blog and how you want followers/fans lol, and she said you were hilarious. So, here I am, and you are, you are hilarious! So, check out my blog. www.trixiesmommy.blogspot.com - i know it sounds mommyish but it's not. it's way not mommy-ish. I'll follow you if you'll follow me ... okay!? LOL!!!
    Really enjoy your writing.

    Debbie
    ... and i'm in so. cal too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thing 2? HAHA you are hysterical. Well, as they say, keep away from a Tornado and anything windy...(OK, nobody said that!)
    Wow, it should be amazing to live close to an ocean. Trip to the deep waters everyday!:)
    Anyways, Take Care and have a good day...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Came over from Me-Me's

    I have but one "thing" but if I had two, I'd be real jealous of the Thing 1 and Thing 2 brilliance (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get out the buckets, we are really getting the rain over here in Arizona. And, when it rains, everyone forgets how to drive, they head right for the 4' deep wash and end up as the featured story on the 6 o'clock news. I just love a good helicopter rescue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tornado warnings ain't no big thing..lol. We get at least two or three every year. And as soon as you get to school they start drilling into your head that if a twister is coming you "duck and cover". We would get under our desks...like that's going to help at all..lol.

    Ok, so really. Just keep an eye on the sky and if everything gets all calm..THEN you can worry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg! I didn't know it was that bad...I guess I need to call an Aunt or two

    ReplyDelete