Friday, August 20, 2010

It's a little bit cooler in Hell these days

Didja miss me?  Didja miss me?  Waddya mean, "What, you've been gone?"  Ok, technically I didn't "go" anywhere; I just haven't enthralled you with my humor and shenanigans in a few weeks.

So, you're probably asking yourself, what has been going on in Kelly's World that she can kvetch about?  I'm so glad you asked.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we've been going through refinancing hell.  And last week I got both good news and bad news about our refinancing.  The good news:  our house appraised $40,000 HIGHER than That Bank had estimated.  And this was after the house a few doors down just sold for almost $100,000 less than our appraised value.  High five!

Now, the bad news:  we don't qualify for refinancing.  2009 was a really, really dismal year for self-employed people in the Construction Industry and That Bank is not so enthusiastic about approving loans for people with low income.  Who knew?  And to make matters worse, That Bank sent notice to our bank telling them we were closing our accounts, without my knowledge by the way, and I found that out the hard way when I tried to access my accounts and discovered they were frozen on account we were closing them.  Say whut?  So I got to spend a couple of hours on the phone with this bank and That Bank and escrow agencies and yeah, it's been swell.  Bastards.


Ok, what else is going on?  OH!  My family members who read my blog had better sit down for this one.  Guess what I did this week?  I'll give you a hint, it's something I haven't done in 18 years.  No, I did not enter a wet t-shirt (again).  And no, I'm stalking anyone (again.  Although things might change when the NHL season starts back up).  Give up?  I applied for, wait for it, a JOB.  Yes, just one.  Baby steps, people.  Baby steps.  No, I'm not telling where and based on the online application process experience I probably won't even be called to interview but I actually applied for a job.  Can you believe it?  The temperature in hell may have dropped a degree or two.


I was disappointed in the online application process.  I know I have the skills, knowledge AND experience for this job but the online application didn't give me the opportunity to present myself and my skills, knowledge AND experience properly.  But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that somehow, someone says, "Oh what the hell, let's call her for an interview" and I can dazzle them with my skills, knowledge AND experience.  Or baffle them with my bullshit.  Either way, keep your fingers crossed for me. 


Oh. My. God.  Some guy just came to my door offering to paint the numbers on my curb (we get those offers on a weekly basis) and the alcohol fumes emanating from him just about bowled me over.  Good thing there weren't any open flames.  Dude.  Sober up before you start knocking on doors at noon.


I leave you with a photo I took at a Civil War reenactment I attended at our local park a few weeks ago.  This has nothing to do with anything but I thought it was a cool shot.  Get it?  "Shot?" Ah, never mind.

2 comments:

  1. I missed ya. Ya sure, I was away 3 weeks myself so how would I know you were away? Oh, you were away? Glad you're back. That banking stuff sucks. If they aren't in business to loan money then what are they in business for? Silly question. Good luck with that hockey player thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banks are bastards. You are funny as all get out. Good luck with the job thing and the stalking thing...

    ReplyDelete